- Although we support patients in many ways, we do not provide medical advice. If you suspect you may be suffering from sleep apnoea please contact your GP who will be able to refer you to a specialised sleep clinic.
- Scottish Association for Sleep Apnoea is a registered Charity (SC023352) in the Office of Scottish Charity Regulator, supporting those who suffer from the medical condition Sleep Apnoea.
Our aims are:
- to increase public awareness and understanding of Sleep Apnoea.
- to promote research and the dissemination of the results.
- to provide support for Sleep Apnoea sufferers and their families.
About Sleep Apnoea
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) is a serious condition where the muscles in the throat relax during sleep causing the sufferer to temporarily stop breathing. If untreated it can occur hundreds of times in a night leading to daytime fatigue and other serious health problems. Once diagnosed it can be easily treated. Read the “What is Sleep Apnoea” for more details.
By joining the Scottish Association for Sleep Apnoea (SASA), making a donation or raising funds for us you will be helping us to support and inform patients and their families.
To find out more about SASA, or for any other comments or queries, please use the contact form below.